Ring in the New Year with a full day of activities. Start the day with children’s events beginning at 10 am. Finish the day as we countdown the end of 2019 with our Apple Drop. And, welcome 2020 with a spectacular fireworks display at Midnight!
All events will take place regardless of weather. Purchase of First Night admission allows you access to a day full of festivities. All sales are final.
New this year: admission to First Night will be in the form of a wristband. You may purchase a limited edition First Night Button for an additional $5.00. Please note that only the wristband will gain you access to the entertainment.
Beginning December 1st you can reserve your wristband online. Please retain your printed receipt for online purchases; a printed receipt is required for pick up of wristbands and buttons. Digital copies cannot be accepted.
Wristbands and buttons can be picked up or purchased beginning December 21st and running through December 31st. For 10 days only, you can buy your admission for $10 per person, children 5 and under are FREE. You can purchase your wristband and buttons at the locations below: (Please verify hours with individual locations)
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – Winchester
- Apple Blossom Mall Management Office – no sales, pickup only
- Museum of the Shenandoah Valley Gift Shop
- Winchester Book Gallery
- Winchester-Frederick County Visitors Center on Pleasant Valley
- First Night Headquarters – The Old Town Welcome Center, located at: 33 E. Boscawen Street (next to City Hall/around the corner from the Apple Drop), will house the First Night Winchester Headquarters on December 31. You may purchase your admission here from 5-9 pm. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted. There is a $2 convenience fee for each admission purchased by credit card. Order Online Now!